Sri Lanka Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens
An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is an official authorization for a stay up to 30 days in Sri Lanka. The visa is valid for three months for double entry of up to 30 days per visit and is issued electronically. The ETA is submitted online via the ETA website and the ETA approval (acknowledgement) will be provided to the client via email or by First Class mail.
All Nationalities are eligible to apply for an ETA except nationals of Singapore and the Maldives.
Sri Lanka ETA ENTRY Requirements:
- Copy of ETA approval notice (receipt) provided by GenVisa.
- Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond your stay in Sri Lanka, with at least one blank visa page available for stamp(s). Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa/entry stamps. The Sri Lanka visa (ETA) is processed electronically and will not be stamped inside the passport. If you need help securing, renewing or updating your passport, including adding extra visa pages, please contact GenVisa at 800-845-8968 for requirements and fees.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to support themselves while in Sri Lanka.
- Copy of confirmed onward or return airline ticket.
- Proof of hotel accommodation or an invitation from the host in Sri Lanka.
Please mail all the required documents to GenVisa by mail to the address below.
2233 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20007
GenVisa acts only as an agent. It is the traveler’s responsibility to fully and accurately complete the application. GenVisa cannot be held responsible for any delays or loss of passports when not in the actual possession of GenVisa.