Tanzania Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens
Click HERE to print application and requirements.
- Submit your signed passport having two (2) completely blank “visa” pages and 6 months validitybeyond the travel dates. If you need help securing, renewing or updating your passport, please contact GenVisa at 800-845-8968 for requirements and fees.
- Application Form , completed and signed.
- Contact form – Click HERE to print.
- Two(2) Professional, High Resolution passport type photos, taken within 6 months on complete white background without any shadows. Photo should be 2”x 2” with front view, no smiling, and no glasses.
- Copy of return or onward tickets or travel agency/airline itinerary.
- A business letter of responsibility (sample) is required, to be typewritten on your company letterhead and addressed to: Embassy of Tanzania, Visa Section, Washington D.C.
The letter must explain all of the following:
- The purpose of travel
- Business reference to be visited in Tanzania
- Guarantee financial support for the applicant while in Tanzania
- Return transportation to the U.S.A
2233 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20007
Notes About Our Tanzania Visa & Passport Services
The Tanzania tourist/business visa for US citizens is issued for multiple entry for a period of 12 months from date of issue, provided the passport remains valid, for a period of stay not to exceed 90 days. Although vaccination certificate is not required for visa issuance, check with physician or local health clinic for vaccination requirements and recommendations.
Passport must have at least six months remaining validity and contain at least one blank visa page for visa to be issued. GenVisa can assist with obtaining U.S. Passports, whether new issue or renewal.
Special requirements exist for U.S. Official and Diplomatic passport holders.
Send ALL the requirements above (and a check payable to Generations Visa) via traceable form of mail to the Generations Visa office immediately. GenVisa will hand-carry your application to the Embassy if applicable. Please allow at least 21 business days of processing time.
GenVisa acts only as an agent. It is the traveler’s responsibility to fully and accurately complete the application. GenVisa cannot be held responsible for any delays or loss of passports when not in the actual possession of GenVisa.