Republic Of Congo Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens
- Submit your signed passport having two (2) completely blank visa pages and 6 months validity beyond the travel dates. If you need help securing, renewing, or updating your passport, please contact GenVisa at 800-845-8968 for requirements and fees.
- Two(2) Application Form, fully completed and signed. Please do not leave any questions unanswered, as it will result in rejection.
- Two(2) Professional, High Resolution color passport type photos, taken within 6 months on complete white background without any shadows. Photo should be 2”x 2” with front view, no smiling, and no glasses.
- Contact Form – Click HERE to print.
- A copy of your round-trip airline itinerary and cruise itinerary. The itinerary must show the applicant’s name, date of arrival, and departure from the country, flight, and cruise information.
- Hotel reservations or Invitation Letter(Invitation Letter Must be notarized).
- U.S. passport must be valid for three (3) months beyond the intended stay.
- Complete the Visa Application Form.
- Please send a clear photocopy of your passport information page, including any amendments or name changes
Please mail all the required documents to:
Generations Visa Service
2233 Wisconsin Ave. N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20007-4119
**Australia joined the U.S. Visa Waiver Pilot Program in July 1996. Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is an electronically stored authority to travel to Australia. ETA is valid for one year and a stay for up to three months. ETA is issued through most travel agencies or airlines. CHECK WITH THE AIRLINE WHEN YOU BOOK. If ETA is not available, you are required to obtain a Visa.
VISA FEES: $45.00 per visa / ETA
2233 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20007
Send ALL the requirements above (and a check payable to Generations Visa) via registered mail or FedEx to the Generations Visa office immediately. GenVisa will hand-carry your application to the Embassy if applicable. Please allow at least 14 business days of processing time.
GenVisa acts only as an agent. It is the traveler’s responsibility to fully and accurately complete the application. GenVisa cannot be held responsible for any delays or loss of passports when not in the actual possession of GenVisa.