Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport Replacement
As of Thursday, January 14, 2021, all passport agencies and centers are in phase one/two out of the three-phase reopening plan. During this time, they will prioritize customers who need a passport in the next 72 hours (3 business days) for a life-or-death emergency only (in person, by appointment).
Instructions and Forms for Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport Requiring Personal Appearance
You Should Apply IN PERSON if
- You are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
- Your previous U.S. passport has expired & was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your previous passport has expired and it was issued when you were under 16.
- Your name is changed since your passport was issued and you do not have a legal document formally changing your name.
Each applicant must make a personal appearance at an Acceptance facility authorized to execute passport applications. Click here. Present the applicable forms and the following to the agent executing your application:
Please advise an agent that you are using a “hand carry” service to submit your application. The agent will verify your identity and witness (“EXECUTE”) your application, and, upon your request provide you with the executed documents inside a sealed envelope.
1. To Report a Lost or Stolen Passport:
Complete Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport, Form DS-64. Sign and submit along with the rest of the information. Fill in as much of the passport information as you can. Answer all the other questions in detail.
2. Application form “DS-11”
The form MUST be filled and printed out online. Please click here for the form. Don’t sign the application form until the Passport Acceptance Agent instructs you to do so. NOTE: Do Not type Mr. or Mrs. under the suffix, as it will be rejected if selected.
Complete Question #18 as follows:
- Write your name as it appeared in your passport.
- Write the approximate date of the issue.
- Include the passport number if known.
- Under “DISPOSITION”, mark the appropriate box.
- If your passport was expired, write “EXPIRED” next to the “OTHER” box.
3. Two (2) passport photos: They must be recent, identical, 2×2 inches.
4. Proof of US citizenship: For proof of citizenship, you will need to submit one of the following:
- Original of a certified copy of US birth certificate; or
- Previous fully valid U.S. Passport; or
- Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240); or
- Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350); or
- Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization from USCIS.
5. Letter of Authorization: please click HERE to download. Include it in the sealed envelope.
6. Travel itinerary: Copy of a plane ticket, or travel itinerary with the applicant’s name showing dates and flight information for a departure within 14 days or 30 days in case you need a visa.
7. Contact Form – click HERE to print the order form for your return address information. Please DO NOT include it in the sealed envelope.
– $190.00 Government fee, payable with a personal check to US Department of State. Please indicate your DOB in the memo field.
– $35.00 Execution fee, which you will pay to the Acceptance Agent Please send your “executed” sealed envelope via express-overnight delivery service along with a copy of an Order Form and applicable service and shipping fees to Generations Visa Service.
Please send your “executed” sealed envelope via express-overnight delivery service along with a copy of an Order Form and applicable service and shipping fees to Generations Visa Service to the following address:
GENERATIONS VISA SERVICE
2233 WISCONSIN AVE N.W. #405
WASHINGTON D.C. 20007-4151
9. Service fee – payable to Generations Visa Service (DO NOT put this check in the sealed envelope. The sealed envelope is opened by the Passport Agency, not by us):
– $150.00 for 6-8 weeks processing.*
– $200.00 for 7-14 business days processing.* (not available at this time)
– $400.00 for 5-7 business days processing, $75.00 holding deposit is required to reserve a space. Please contact GenVisa for more details at 1-800-845-8968.
*Update, July 2021: Processing times do not include shipping or courier delivery time.
Continental USA Only:
- $34.00 FedEx Letter (Next Business Day – up to three passports)
- $24.00 FedEx 2nd Business Day
- $55.00 FedEx Letter (Saturday Delivery)
Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands:
Add $45.00 to the shipping fee chosen above
For international shipping costs, please contact GenVisa
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you require a Rush Processing (3-5 days) you must contact Generations Visa to reserve a space for passport service. At that time of the call, you will be asked to provide a credit card number and expiration date in order to hold your reservation. We accept MasterCard & Visa. Should you fail to honor your commitment, a $75.00 cancellation fee will be charged to your credit card account.