Expired U.S. Passport Renewal & Replacement
As of Thursday, January 14, 2021, all passport agencies and centers are in phase one/two out of the three-phase reopening plan. During this time, they will prioritize customers who need a passport in the next 72 hours (3 business days) for a life-or-death emergency only (in person, by appointments).
Instructions and Forms for New U.S. Passport Using “Renewal” Procedure
You can use this procedure for passport renewal if you:
- Already have a passport that is not damaged; and
- Received it within the past 15 years; and
- Were over age 16 when it was issued; and
- Still have the same name as in passport (or you can legally document your name change).
1. Application form “DS-82”. The form MUST be filled and printed out online. Please CLICK HERE FOR THE FORM. Please Sign Application in BLUE or BLACK ink. NOTE: Do Not type Mr. or Mrs. under suffix, as it will be rejected if selected.
2. Two passport photos. They must be recent, identical, 2×2 inches.
3. Your most recent passport as described above. If your name has changed since your passport was issued:
· Enclose a certified copy of the legal document specifying your name change (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption decree, or court order).
· No photocopies accepted.
4. Letter of Authorization – please click HERE to download. Please Sign a Letter of Authorization in BLUE or BLACK ink.
5. Contact Form – Click HERE to print.
6. Travel itinerary – Copy of a plane ticket, or travel itinerary with the applicant’s name showing dates and flight information for a departure within 14 days or 30 days in case you need a visa. (MUST be provided by applicant)
– $170.00 Government fee, payable with a personal check to US Department of State. Please indicate your DOB in the memo field.
Note: Separate check for each applicant.
Please send your documents via express-overnight delivery service along with a copy of a Contact Form and applicable service and shipping fees to Generations Visa Service to the following address:
GENERATIONS VISA SERVICE
2233 WISCONSIN AVE N.W. Suite 405
WASHINGTON D.C. 20007-4151
8. Service fee, payable to Generations Visa Service.
– $110.00 for more than 14 business days processing.*
– $150.00 for 7-14 business days processing.*
– $200.00 for 5-7 business days processing.*
*As of Thursday, January 14, 2021, all passport agencies and centers are in phase one/two out of the three-phase reopening plan. During this time, they will prioritize customers who need a passport in the next 72 hours (3 business days) for a life-or-death emergency only (in person, by appointments).
Continental USA Only:
- $34.00 FedEx Letter (Next Business Day – up to three passports)
- $24.00 FedEx 2nd Business Day
- $55.00 FedEx Letter (Saturday Delivery)
Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands:
Add $35.00 to the shipping fee chosen above
For International Shipping costs please contact GenVisa
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you require a Rush Processing (3-5 days) you must contact Generations Visa to reserve a space for passport service. At that time of the call, you will be asked to provide a credit card number and expiration date in order to hold your reservation. We accept MasterCard & Visa. Should you fail to honor your commitment, a $75.00 cancellation fee will be charged to your credit card account.